Apr 24, 2017
The latest release of WordPress, version 4.7.4 has been rolled out as a maintenance release which has fixes for 47 critical issues disclosed in the 4.7. The update features a visual editor compatibility fix, which will be in sync with the upcoming version of Chrome.
With the maintenance release available, there will be no more broken thumbnails while uploading video and audio files. You can consult a WordPress developer for hire for performing a precise update for your WordPress website. The update also features the ability to Shift-click a number of checkboxes for selecting multiple options at once.
Key Highlights Of The Update
- Visual editor compatibility fix for the next version of chrome.
- Broken thumbnail bug fix for audio and video.
- Enhancements in REST API for data handling.
- Restores the ability to perform multiple select from a range of check-boxes.
How To Update?
- It is always better to d deactivate the plugins before performing any upgrade with WordPress.
- Save the WordPress XML files in a hard drive. Click on the Tools icon and select Export. Now, download the Export File. You can create a new Folder on the hard drive where the website files will be stored. Even apart from the updation, you should back up the website files once a month.
- Create a backup for your WordPress database. You can find a plethora of plugins which will make it easier to create a backup. You can also use the plugins to schedule monthly backups for your website.
- Download a copy of your WordPress database backup. This backup will come handy in case the server crashes. It is preferred that you should store the backup file in the cloud.
- Download the theme/child theme folders to a local hard drive or cloud. If you are using a custom theme, this step becomes mandatory.
WordPress version 4.7.4 has 47 maintenance fixes and improvements for the CMS. You can access the official release notes at : https://codex.wordpress.org/Version_4.7.4 or contact our business team for assistance.